This is a bilingual position. English and Spanish required.
Reporting to the VP of QA, the Patient Centered Care Navigator provides individualized assistance to patients, families, and caregivers to help overcome health care system constraints and facilitate timely access to quality medical and psychosocial care within the organization and utilize available community resources. The Navigator will also assume responsibility and accountability for the management of resources through departmental collaboration to achieve optimal patient outcomes..
The responsibilities of the Patient Centered Care Navigator position are for all of OHI’s Health Centers; with schedule and assignment dependent with the needs of the organization.
- Multi-site multi-specialty practice with 7 locations just inland of the Jersey Shore beaches
- 25,000 patients and 100,000 encounters per year
- Open learning environment to advance your career
- Competitive Comp+Benefits, 401k 5% match, life/health ins., paid benefit time off
- Family environment and summer BBQ’s!
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Health related certification demonstrating medical terminology competency
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Preferably 1-3 years’ experience in similar work environment
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn Electronic Medical Record (EMR) applications.
- Empathy and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to facilitate messages, complaints, and urgent calls as appropriate
- Ability to adhere to policy and procedures and works collaboratively with supervisors.