Program Onboarding Specialist
The Challenge :
You know the secret to a successful project is tracking the balance between resources and performance. You can look at metrics, identify risk indicators, and plan changes to keep the project within budget and on time while achieving goals successfully. What if you could use those project analysis skills to make a difference in the Department of Veterans' Affairs (VA)? We have an opportunity for a project analyst to join our team as we provide onboarding and offboarding support within a project management office (PMO) team for a large government contract.
On our team, you’ll help project leadership to monitor cost, schedule, and performance using tools like SharePoint and regular interactions with senior management. The real power of project analysis comes from communication, so you’ll collect onboarding documents, check for compliance, address gaps, submit documentation to the government, and assist with recommendations for improvement to project leadership. We focus on growing as a team to deliver the best support to our customers, so you’ll have resources for mentoring and learning new skills and tools. This is a chance to develop your analysis skills while gaining project management experience. Join us and help make sure our mission critical VA project stays on-time and within budget as we improve healthcare for millions of customers.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
Consulting at Booz Allen means empowering you to provide your customers with the best support. With a consulting career at Booz Allen, you can expect:
a large business consulting community
access to experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
We have opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, so you can find the right fit for your career — and your life. You’ll also have access to a wealth of training resources through our Consulting University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success. With contracts across the globe in multiple industries, no matter where you want to go with your consulting career, we have the path the takes you there.
Nice If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience in the federal consulting space
- 1+ years of experience with tracking, analyzing, and reporting status on large or complex projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to use strict attention to detail to verify, proofread, and edit documents that are created by others to ensure compliance with document requirements
- Ability to provide consistent and effective communication regarding candidate status in the onboarding process while effectively communicating with leadership and the government onboarding liaison
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with the VA's onboarding processes
- Experience with business analytic tools, including Tableau
- Ability to be a multi-tasking self-starter who works well under tight deadlines, is eager to learn, and is capable of adapting to fast-moving environments and changing requirements
- Public Trust clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.