Parents & Friends, Inc. is a non-profit organization that has served people with developmental disabilities for over 60 years. We are located in the city of Fort Bragg on the Mendocino Coast of California. Governed by a local Board of Directors, we are dedicated to our mission to provide opportunities for persons with developmental challenges and similar needs to participate fully in our community
The Coastal Support Services Director oversees all operations of Supported Living Services, Independent Living Services, and the Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly to achieve its mission in serving client’s needs, and to direct resource and fund development strategies and activities as well as implementation of the strategic plan as it relates to the Coastal Support Services programming.
1) B.A.degree or equivalent experience
2) Experience in a management level position.
3) Must be proficient in medical practices; experience in the medical field necessary.
4) Knowledge of the issues and trends in the field of, and services for people with Developmental Disabilities.
5) Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations affecting nonprofit organizations.
6) Ability to assume and delegate responsibility.
7) Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
8) Ability to maintain confidentiality
9) Ability to set and act on priorities to implement policies in a sound and businesslike manner.
10) Ability to take corrective measures to upgrade operations by comparing and analyzing performance against budgetary, administrative and professional standards.
11) Ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions to problems.
12) Be of good character with a reputation of personal integrity.
13) Possess values in accordance with PFI’s mission.
14) Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Windows and Office.
The selected individual must successfully pass a background check, DMV (motor vehicle) record check, pre-employment physical and TB test.
We are pleased to offer a generous benefits package to our staff. Paid time off is offered to all employees and begins to accrue the first day of work. Medical, dental,vision, and life insurance benefits are paid for all full-time employees. Retirement savings options are also available.
In person: ask for Lanita Henderson, 308 E.Redwood Ave, Fort Bragg, Ca.
Compensation: Dependent on Experience
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time
Typical start time:
Typical end time: