Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Patient Financial Counselor will assist patients in making informed decisions regarding the financial aspect of their proton treatment by obtaining and verifying insurance coverage and arranging payment schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with patients to explain costs of treatment, insurance coverage and patient financial responsibilities
- Assist with developing comprehensive payment plans
- Obtain insurance authorizations, verify insurance benefits
- Interact directly with insurance companies for approvals
- Interact directly with patients to keep them informed of the insurance approval status
- Provide physicians with the appropriate templates for letters of medical necessity
- Coordinate peer-to-peer calls with physicians and insurance company medical directors
- Develop approved payment plans for patients
- Participate in data gathering for financial reporting
- Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum three years of medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction
- Ability to analyze insurance coverage and benefits in order to inform patients of their coverage
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Strong Microsoft Office experience, desired
- Strong communication skills required, both orally and in writing
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.