The NACS Project Management Office (PMO) consists of program and project management delivery, resource management, quality management, continuous improvement, professional development and knowledge management.
Achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness of program management through full end-to-end design and delivery across multiple industries. Perform day-to-day project management work activities using NACS PMO standards, processes, methodologies and systems. Utilize structured and disciplined practices to ensure project management activities are consistent with company initiatives and expectations and achieve high quality, professional client service delivery. Meet financial targets inclusive of annual budget, gross profit and related financial metrics within area of responsibility. Ensure project management activities meet corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs. Work collaboratively across all levels and departments of the organization and ensure a seamless transition of work activities to execute operations functions.
Black Box has an opportunity for an Infrastructure/Cabling Project Manager responsible for the management and successful completion of project deliverables for large scale or high profile projects.
- Execute NACS PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including the following:
- Project planning fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling and budgeting
- Project control fundamentals: monitoring, anticipating potential problems, identifying project conflicts, taking corrective action, resolving issues, managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget, project reporting, quality review and assurance.
- Relationship management fundamentals: client relationship management; project team management; and overall change management
- Assist in proposal development and contract and subcontract negotiations with the sales and legal teams.
- Create documents and coordinate with the legal team for contracts associated with Master Schedule of Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Software Licensing agreements, and post-installation support and maintenance.
- Prepare Project Roadmap with concurrence of all participating organizations and negotiate agreement with the customer, including identification of work and organizational breakdown structures, requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates, milestone payment schedule, risk and communication management plans.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, professional, or administrative areas.
- Manage the delivery and execution of projects through a balance of best-in-class and pragmatic project methodologies and practices that achieve KPIs and meet or exceed business results, client satisfaction and SLAs.
- Act as primary customer contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with clients to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Conduct recurring customer reviews addressing costs, schedules, risks and customer considerations.
- Develop new business or expand the product line with the client as applicable. Manage customer enhancement programs including all bid and schedule estimates and management approval activities.
- Issue and communicate program status to leadership, steering committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage project issues/risks in a timely manner, escalating when necessary.
- Foster collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute project management activities and company priorities.
- Promote continuous growth of project management practices within the PMO and organization to achieve client and organizational objectives.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one’s own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in organization’s success.
- Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one’s own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
- Business Acumen - Interprets situations and events from a business standpoint in order to make decisions that are consistent and congruent with the organizations strategic direction and goals. Demonstrates the ability to use technology to enhance decision making, and provide cost-effective organizational and management tools. Aligns policies for a consistent and united business approach. Increases cooperation and communications between departments.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms. Resolves key issues behind major problems in the short term while developing and executing long term solutions. Has a strong record for making decisions that are correct and accurate. Applies strategies to implement effective decision making during crises.
- Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization’s strategic plan.
- Minimum of 5 years Infrastructure/Cabling Project Management experience or relevant experience. Experience remotely managing national/enterprise clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- PMP, Six Sigma, Agile, SCRUM or related certifications preferred.
- RCDD/BICSI certification desirable
- Excellent service philosophy and understanding the challenges in providing superior customer experience at a national level while controlling costs.