The DCS Commissioning Engineer shall have and demonstrate skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions including batch software, DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, PC networking technology.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Problem solver who can manage the safe commissioning, testing troubleshooting and diagnose faults.
- Must have knowledge of process manufacturing field instrumentation, technology and batch process manufacturing expertise in all of the following project phases:
- Detailed design generation
- System integration
- Troubleshoot varied instrumentation devices and circuitry
- Testing and on-site startup of DCS, PLC, SIS, FGS, ESD, HIPPS, and Third Party Interfaces
- Testing of gas detection, flame detection, smoke detection equipment
- Testing of fiber/copper communication networks
- Provide solutions implementation and support of the project team objectives
- Assist vendor representatives and site operations in commissioning and startup (energization) activities for all I & C systems on site.
- Communicate discrepancies and design issues to the CSU I & C Superintendent
- Maintains records and prepares reports.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Technical background in instrumentation, industrial control/automation used in Industrial Plants.
- Able to identify and utilize resources effectively and responsibly.
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively to produce measurable results
- Adapts to varying work situations and is flexible in approach to resolving challenges.
- Competency to work in multiple functional areas.
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Apply high standards to own work, ensures work submitted is complete, meets the Project acceptance criteria, and is delivered within the required timeline.
- Promotes Safe Work Practices and ensures personnel under his/her supervision are in full compliance with all Project HSE procedures and requirements.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to HSE values through behavior and by example to others.
- Support safe implementation of PTW and control of work procedures.
- Ability to climb, work at heights, and stand for extended periods.
Qualifications / Certifications
Preferred: A BS in Electrical, Chemical or Computer Engineering is desired. Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- Must have Five (5) years of proven experience with any of the following DCS Systems: Honeywell.
- Must have proven experience with any of the following HMI or SCADA software packages Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, and US Data.
- TWIC card holder or ability to obtain as condition of employment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90.00 to $100.00 /hour
- Honeywell Experion DCS: 5 years (Required)