The Services Sr Ops Data Analyst will analyze multiple components of a problem and then make conclusions using high-level quantitative skills to help drive subsets of larger projects, initiatives, and individual processes or projects that bring value to The Home Depot. They will be responsible for working collaboratively with other analysts to apply established analytical processes on diverse datasets to deduce insights and solve real-world business problems. This person should be able to effectively communicate to teams and other leaders, review and understand sales/financial data, and identify trends in business and the retail industry. This position leverages technical abilities to synthesize complex analytical tasks into easily understood data-driven stories. This role will ensure that all reporting and analytical responsibilities are competently completed in a timely manner continually seeking out opportunities to hone existing technical skills (e.g. writing SQL/code, statistics). This role uses strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem; provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends. You should be able to communicate issues and roadblocks related to their areas of responsibility, as well as facilitate workout problem-solving sessions with multiple groups of people. This role will prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analyses.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
25%- Interpret data based on specific knowledge of statistics and procedures used/ Provide Data to all directors to support decision making. Provide input on forecast based on knowledge of product and technology.
20%- Review sales/financial analyses (what sold/did not sell; determine which categories have potential to move upward; cost/benefit analysis; data process modeling/analysis of problems, regression analysis).
15%- Identify trends in consumer lifestyle and technology; conduct customer focus groups and analyze/synthesize findings. Scan business/industry trends; scan competitive landscape; analyze consumer data.
20%- Provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends. Provide customers with specialized information from a variety of resources. Facilitate workout problem-solving sessions with multiple groups of people.
20%- Synthesize findings and derive conclusions from analyses and make oral/written recommendations to upper management. Execute tasks related to core operations projects and/or process improvements. Execute day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility. Communicate issues and roadblocks related to respective area.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to a Services Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements
Located in a comfortable indoor area.
Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 4 years
Preferred Qualifications -
- Work experience with SQL Server, Teradata, Tableau.
- Work experiences in data mining, statistical analysis, and/or forecasting
- A thorough understanding of SQL and intermediate knowledge of one other scripting/compiled/statistical programming language (VBA, Python, R, SAS)
- Prior direct experience in analyzing the relevant subject matter (e.g. call center)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- An unquenchable intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying store being told within the data.
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation, and issue resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade, inform, and influence others based on findings. A track record of taking complex results and communicating them in an easily understood way. - Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and work in a team environment. Ability quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques.