Must be able to work Saturday and Sunday, 10 AM - 3 PM.
**This is a part-time position and is ineligible for benefits.
Under direction of the Library Circulation Supervisor, the Library Shelver performs routine tasks involved in the circulation of library materials to include placing holds on requested items, checking items in and out, shelving and shelf maintenance, and other tasks involved in maintaining the Library's collection of materials and equipment.
The Library Shelver will have an opportunity to work in a community that is one of the fastest growing and most exciting suburbs in the USA. The candidate must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm's Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
- Library or bookstore experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must be bondable.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to speak other languages desirable.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Needs to have a comprehensive knowledge of sorting items in alphabetical and numerical order.
- Ability to work with a team, take initiative and is detail oriented to organize work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with patrons and co-workers.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure with short deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary.
- Operate under the Town's four Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and be able to push and pull up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Shelves and arranges library books, magazines and other materials.
- Checks shelves to see that all books are correctly shelved according to title, author and number.
- Shifts books when shelves get crowded.
- Checks books in.
- Answers the telephone; answers questions appropriate to skill level; relays messages to appropriate individuals.
- Performs various procedures prior to closing the library: turning off lights, checking exit doors, straightening chairs, picking up materials from tables, etc.
- Refers patron questions to other staff members as needed.
- Performs various housekeeping tasks such as dusting shelves, straightening library appearance, watering plants and other duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.