The Assistant Fitness Manager (AFM) ensures that the club delivers a high quality fitness experience to all members.
* Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise; managing a clean, friendly, and well maintained club.
* Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness.
* Assists with hiring, training and developing a strong team of Personal Trainers.
* Point of reference for fitness expertise within the Club.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Staffing and Development
* Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals.
* Learn to manage the Personal Trainer schedule.
* Mediates club employee relations matters for all club fitness employees.
* Ensure that all club members have access to a highly trained and professional fitness staff able to provide fitness counseling, training and programs within 24 Hour Fitness standards.
* Ensure that all Personal Trainers are delivering high quality programs to their clients.
* Ensure accurate administration of Personal Training including client files, measurement tracking, and workout programs.
* Regularly train staff on industry updates and coaches personal trainers to be continually successful to ensure that all clients are trained professionally.
* Direct selling, including achievement of personal monthly sales quotas.
* Conduct personal training sessions as necessary.
Certifications / Education Level
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* At least one National Certification
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External
Defibrillator (AED) instructed in-person.
* 1-2 years as a Certified Personal Trainer conducting 1on1 training.
* Prior management experience in retail/hospitality industry leading 3-10 employees (preferred).
* Consultative sales experience (preferred).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year