The AV Project Manager is the primary contact with BoMark Technology Group’s customers during their project implementation with responsibilities that include; program management, coordination with design and engineering teams, provisioning, logistics and scheduling, dispatch of technical resources, database management, shipping and fulfillment, and acts as the primary liaison between BoMark’s Operations and Sales functions. The ideal candidate will be adept at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, confidently communicate with internal and external customers, will make timely and accurate decisions to resolve program issues and meet critical project milestones, will work with an attention to detail, and will have a forward-looking philosophy to minimize project issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the planning, organization and implementation of all audio-visual integration projects
- Provide overall project communication and management of expectations to internal and external customers
- Develop project schedules, identify, assign and coordinate field and technical resources
- Manage day-to-day project activities, issue tracking and risk mitigation, facilitate project team meetings and prepare/deliver status reports
- Proactively identify and solve project issues to adhere to critical project milestones and timelines
- Ensure compliance with current project and order management standard processes
- Work closely with manufactures and suppliers to ensure timely shipments
- Review sales order packages for compliance with BoMark standards and processes, communicate and coordinate requests with Sales to bring orders into compliance
- Provide guidance and support of new order and/or change order entry into BoMark order management system
- Create and issue purchase orders to manufactures and partners as needed
- Coordinate and update shipping and logistics with vendors and customers
- Create and maintain customer/order profiles
- 10 years of related experience; program and project management, engineering, finance and accounting in a technical field
- BA or BS degree desired or equivalent work experience
- Audio-visual integration, videoconferencing, collaboration and network experience preferred
- PMP/PMI certification a plus
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS), CTSI-D, and/or CTS-I recommended
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Strong project management skills, detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills to include; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, CAD, Bluebeam, Database
BoMark Technology Group (a division of BoMark Electric) is a full service electrical and communications contractor serving the commercial, industrial, and retail markets in Baltimore and Washington Area. With offices in Hampstead and Laurel Maryland, our professional staff of experienced project managers, estimators, assistant project managers, master electricians and RCDDs have been providing our customers exceptional service and quality workmanship in a wide array of projects including new construction, renovation, education, universities, healthcare facilities, office or tenant fit-outs, and general service / maintenance.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Company has over 15 years of stability and growth.
- Many industry awards and a diverse range of public and private sector projects.
- Career advancement and mentorship, plus additional opportunities to manage and mentor Assistant PMs and other team members.
- High visibility within the team and the ability to make an impact on the company’s direction.
- Strong company commitment to safety and exceptional quality standards.
- High degree of freedom and support resources available.
- Manage several projects at once, ranging in scope. Areas of focus include wireless/telecom projects, structural cabling, IP security services, electrical wiring and installation, and more.
- Work with midsize clients in the government and enterprise space, representing the company in meetings with high-profile decision makers.
- Prepare estimates and meet with management for high-level clients to review scope, plans, bid, and specifications.
- Establish project objectives, timeline, budget, and performance standards. Meet regularly with client and vendors to track progress and construction efforts.
- Coordinate resources and personnel, including a team of assistant PMs and support personnel.
- Manage contract specifications, SOWs (statement of work), floor plans, and safety standards.
- Oversee project documentation and reporting. Close out projects and finalize documentation for invoicing, site walks, and deliverable packages.
- Freedom to control overall direction, objectives, and financial outcome for high-profile client projects. Effectively manage multiple high demand customers, ranging from individual contributors to C-Level executives.
- 10+ years of project management experience, with a background in telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, construction, and/or electrical installation projects.
- In-depth understanding of telecom engineering such as VoIP, cabling, fiber optics, coax, IP security, data, OSP, networks, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Background in successful leadership roles with the ability to look at the day to day operations of a team from an overall company impact perspective.
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency with project management/accounting software experience.
- Industry certifications (such as PMP, CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D, or PE license) are a plus.
- Ability to communicate with C-level executives, non-technical audiences, stakeholders, direct reports, and other groups both project information as well as business value propositions. Demonstrated success in this area beneficial
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The PM is responsible for supervising teams of Foremen/General Foreman, Mechanics & Technicians in the execution of Audio Visual projects and installations.
· Bid & Gain Projects, Coordinate production and represent BoMark in project meetings with other trade contractors to avoid conflicts and ensure BoMark’s scopes of work stay on schedule
· Build and maintain relationships with the customer, inspectors and other trades
· Lays out work, schedules personnel, coordinates tools and materials for jobs
· Ensures BoMark team members are following company policy and procedures
· Ensures installations meet project scope, NEC, and BoMark standards for code and quality
· Ensures BoMark teams are following all safety rules and takes appropriate action if safety hazards are identified
· Ensures housekeeping and clean-up at project sites is maintained
· Ensures BoMark teams are completing all project reports and paperwork as required
· Assists with project billing as requested
· Train, manage and evaluate project team members
· Supports the training and career development of helpers, mechanics and foremen
· Have a valid driver's license
· Have presentable dress and hygiene
· Ability to work with multiple cultures
· Willingness to learn
· Ability to pass a criminal background check
· Ability to pass a Drug Screen
· Ability to maintain clean and safe work areas
· Have dependable transportation
· Have knowledge of material and proper use and installation
· Demonstrated experience & Success in a Project Manager role
· Ability to manage multiple projects in multiple locations simultaneously
· OSHA 30 certification or ability to earn OSHA 30 certification
· Ability to operate smartphone technology
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
Medical with UnitedHealthcare -- 401K Retirement Plan/Match* -- Performance Bonuses – Generous Paid Time Off ~ We are an AA/EEO Employer ~
Job Type: Full-time Compensation Package: $90-150,000/year
Please provide your current resume along with a cover letter stating your salary requirement. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement