Start: October 2019
Duration: 8 weeks
Regent School is seeking Interns for its After-School Program. In this experience-based Internship, participants will gain an understanding of after-school program planning, project development, lesson planning, and innovative teaching methods. This internship provides you with a unique opportunity to apply classroom training to maximize learning opportunities in an after-school setting. Additionally, you will learn what it takes to lead a class, develop teaching goals. and assist in the daily operation of an after-school program. It is the first step to a rewarding career in education and beyond.
Participants in the Regent School Internship will::
- Gain experience in a fast paced, dynamic learning environment.
- Enhance leadership and interpersonal skills
- Gain hands on experience with elementary school children in an after-school setting.
- Participate in providing quality hands-on, inquiry based projects, enrichment, and recreation experiences to youth in grades K—5
- Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds and skill levels
- Develop organizational, time-management and follow through skills
- Develop verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Gain experience in planning and executing appropriate hands-on inquiry based projects, enrichment, and recreation experiences
- Learn to work with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Especially beneficial to students of all majors in need of field credits.
- Participate in group and individual instruction in the arts, STEM, Spanish, Chess, Healthy Living.
- Distribute materials and information relevant to the activity.
- Prepare students for sharings, culminating events, and exhibits.
- High School diploma.
- Interest in the Arts, Chess, STEM, Healthy Living (recreation).
- Availability Monday - Thursday, 3-6pm.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship