JOB TITLE: AV Technician
DEPARTMENT: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
As an AV Technician on the CFPB meeting and events team, you will be part of an amazing group that delivers excellent service while building relationships that will last beyond your daily workday. An environment where you get rich experience with multi-vendor technologies and supporting high profile government officials. The ideal candidate demonstrates the right attitude and aptitude to have the appetite for setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting audio and video equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
The ideal candidate for the AV Technician role must have a minimum of 4-years of hands-on AV technical support. This is highly customer facing role dealing directly with the end users and Federal officials, so excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required. The AV Technician will leverage industry standards, best practices and latest manufacturer offerings to ensure equipment is reliable for daily use. Primary areas of focus will be operational: reviewing meeting support requirements, conference room staging and AV pre-configuration, event monitoring, equipment take-down, and Tier 1/2 troubleshooting of AV equipment.
- Education: Bachelors or higher degree required or equivalent of 4-years Audio-Visual Support. Certified Technology Specialist ― (CTS Certified)
- Minimum 4-years AV support experience.
- Security Clearance: Public Trust
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up technology needed to support meetings (e.g. wired and wireless microphones, displays/monitors, laptops for presentation display, cameras)
- Provides technical support for meeting/event dry runs
- Reviews meeting technical needs with customer and meeting/event coordinator
- Ensures capabilities are functioning as expected (e.g. presentation display, audio and video quality)
- Monitors and supports meetings (in person, Cisco VTC, WebEx, Skype)
- Supports live stream meetings to the public (e.g. set up technology)
- Receives, manages, monitors, and documents tasks in ServiceNow
- Supports development of post meeting/event reports (e.g. document any issues with meeting support and lessons learned)
- Shure Microphones
- AMX and Crestron Touch Panels
- AMX and Atlona Receivers and Transmitters
- Vaddio PTZ Cameras
- Polycom Conference Phones
- Biamp Audio
- Cisco VTC, Codecs, TMS
- Extron Sharelink
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications
- Meeting/Event Planning, Operation Support and Post event documentation
- Organized, can manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Professional experience to include excellent customer service, requirements gathering, task execution, problem solving, and sound judgment around crisis escalation.
- Strong written and verbal communication and training skills. Experience training end users on new technology.
- Self-starter that takes ownership for keeping abreast of new technology developments for current and future application to job duties.
- Security Clearance: Public Trust
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $17.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Audio Visual support: 4 years (Required)
- Tier 1/2 troubleshooting of AV equipment: 4 years (Preferred)
- Webex: 4 years (Required)
- conference room staging and AV pre-configuration: 4 years (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Required)
- Are you on a Work Visa? If so, what type?
Security Clearance Required:
Full Time Opportunity: