Investment Banking Associate - IT Services & Solutions (New York)-2103498
The Raymond James Global IT Services & Solutions Investment Banking team is looking to hire an Investment Banking Associate into their New York City office.
Our team is one of the most active and fastest growing advisors in the IT Services & Solutions sector globally, having completed over 50 deals in the last 24 months in 12 countries. We offer clients tailored strategies for sell-side and buy-side M&A advisory across the IT Services & Solutions sector. The Raymond James Global IT Services & Solutions Investment Banking team has close relationships and regularly works with technology focused private equity firms (incl. Apax, CVC, Goldman Sachs Asset Management & HG), founders & entrepreneurs as well as strategic consolidators (incl. Accenture, Avanade & Atos) globally.
Our sector coverage includes IT distributors & resellers, IT services, consulting and software development companies as well as managed service providers. We further built in-depth domain knowledge around specialist IT Services & Solutions companies focused on e.g. big data, artificial intelligence, cloud and cyber security.
The Associate position will offer the opportunity to gain significant business development and transaction experience as well as in-depth market sector knowledge in the IT Services & Solutions sector. We place particular importance in giving our entire team substantial airtime with (potential) clients and other relevant stakeholders in the industry, working in a highly collaborative, self-driven and entrepreneurial environment. This position further offers the opportunity to work and collaborate in a global sector team set up, with teams in New York City (USA), Munich (Germany) and London (UK).
Play an integral role in the department's activities with a high level of responsibility as a member of a specific industry-focused team. Responsibilities include formulating new business proposals, developing company forecasts and valuations, evaluating merger and acquisition scenarios and preparing documents related to the public issuance of stock. Associates are expected to work on every aspect of the transaction process and mentor / manage Analysts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the execution of M&A and financing transactions, financial modeling, industry and comparable company analysis.
- Prepares and delivers standard and tailored presentations and pitches to clients.
- Produces factual and accurate information that’s presented to the client.
- Provide management support to analyst bankers through training, mentoring and evaluating performance potential.
- Seeks opportunities for development through the job itself, through special assignments, training, or external activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
- Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Concepts, practices and procedures of Tax and Accounting.
- Financial markets and products.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas.
- Defining high standards of quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
- Prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
- Lead the work of other and provide training, coaching and mentoring.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Investment Banking.
- MBA Degree with experience in Investment Banking Preferred.
- OR ~
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
- FINRA Series 7 or 79 License.
- FINRA Series 63 or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Job Investment Banking
Primary Location US-NY-New York-New York City
Organization Investment Banking
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time