The network group designs, builds, and supports the network infrastructure for Wolverine’s proprietary real-time trading systems. Network performance and redundancy are critical to the success of the global trading operation. The network engineer will be part of a team that works with Wolverine’s software engineers and traders to satisfy the high-availability electronic trading infrastructure needs.
- Plan, implement, and document installations of network equipment.
- Design, install, and support the routing, switching, and security/VPN technologies in the WAN/LAN environments.
- Work with vendors and clients to resolve network-related issues.
- Carry out high-level analysis and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure.
- Perform capacity planning.
- Travel to other Wolverine locations and local travel between the main office and other locations in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- 24/7 on-call support.
- Minimum of 4 years in a technical networking environment as a network engineer.
- Experience with designing, configuring, and troubleshooting complex network backbones.
- Solid understanding and experience of Cisco IOS based routers & switches as well as datacenter NX-OS based switches
- Understanding and Experience in BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF protocols in a multi-vendor but primarily Cisco environment.
- Understanding and experience in multicast technology.
- Understanding and experience in VOIP technology.
- Understanding and experience in Access Control Lists, firewalls, VPN, and other security technologies.
- Understanding and Experience in VLAN technology and spanning-tree protocols.
- Familiarity with 1G, 10G Ethernet and dark fiber technology.
- Functional knowledge of cable standards including multi/single mode fiber.
- Experience in data center management is a plus.
- Experience in network monitoring, management, and packet analysis tools is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in market data integration is a plus.
- Experience in the financial trading industry is a plus.
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.