Clifford Beers is a mental health clinic serving children and families in the Greater New Haven area. Our focus is on working with children who have experienced trauma; things like abuse, neglect, witnessing community violence, and loss of a loved one.
Position supports the Executive Office at the Science Park location through a variety of tasks related to organization, communication and support of facilities oversight. Reports to the Executive Business Office Manager as part of the Executive Office Team.
Education and Experience:
- Facilitating & coordinating the senior team in day-to-day communications and work, including scheduling meetings; sorting and delivering internal mail; answering phone calls and responding to voicemails; and making travel arrangements.
- Creating & maintaining paper and/or electronic document filing systems.
- Facilitating the completion of required reporting, presentations, and grant applications as needed.
- Processing, delivering, and filing contracts, BAA’s, and NDA’s.
- Organizing regular meetings, including scheduling meetings, reserving rooms, ordering and setting up food, preparing and distributing agendas, handouts, and recording and distributing meeting minutes.
- Maintaining meeting room calendars and available offices calendar.
- Copying/faxing/scanning and creating folders/binders as needed.
- Maintaining awareness of high-priority projects and issues in order to anticipate needs and provide support.
- Ensuring that all administrative tasks are completed accurately and timely.
- Providing back-fill for other members of the Executive Office Team as needed.
- Covering the front desk at 5 Science Park when needed.
- Proactively seeking out ways to assist other team members
- Creating and implementing systems and workflows that support a more effective & efficient functioning of the Executive Office.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Able to handle confidential proprietary records appropriately.
- Sound and appropriate judgment when making autonomous job decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a highly visible, fast-paced, demanding environment
- Accurate, focused, flexible and able to manage time to complete multiple projects
- Highly organized, solution focused and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in current technology used by CBC (Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Microsoft 365, Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar) and proactively learns new technology relevant to the efficient execution of responsibilities.
- Able to maintain stable performance under pressure and relieve stress in an acceptable manner.
- Able to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks of the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirement, or cultures.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- This role may require travel throughout the Greater New Haven area.
- 40% of the time is spent making repetitive motions, using hands to type, write, or use controls
- 40% of the time spent sitting.
- 10% walking, bending, standing, stooping, crouching or kneeling.
- 5% driving, up to 1 hour round trip.
- 5% minor labor: setting up tables, moving and lifting boxes or files up to 20-25lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoors, Environmentally controlled
- Close Physical Proximity to coworkers
- Answering incoming calls from clients and others to direct them appropriately. Occasionally driving, up to 1 hour round trip