ITnova is seeking a Senior Network Engineer responsible for the design and implementation of large data communications or telecommunications networks. This individual is also responsible for the design and implementation of LANs/WANs using hub switching and router technology.
Travel throughout the state of Maryland is a must - Amount of travel will vary on a week to week basis; however, it is going to be minimum.
NOT A CORP-2-CORP OPPORTUNITY.
Job Location: 12401 Prosperity Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Planning and monitoring the installation of communications circuits
- Managing and monitoring local area networks and associated equipment (e.g., bridges, routers, modem pools, and gateways)
- Conducting short and long-term plans to meet communications requirements
- Performing hardware/software analyses to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment
- Preparing tradeoff studies and evaluations for vendor equipment
- Generating network monitoring/performance report, for LAN/WAN utilization studies
- Recommending network design changes/enhancements for improved system availability and performance.
- Actively develop mobility solutions
- Senior-level networking; routing and switching. Implementation and troubleshooting with design expertise.
- Ability to troubleshoot at an advanced level for Qos and Multicast traffic
- On-call rotation is split among all LAN/WAN technicians.
- Possess a thorough understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs.
- Experience with dealing with service requests; change requests and ticketing systems
- Operations and maintenance experience
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related scientific or technical discipline
- Certification: Active CCNA
- Nine (9) years of experience in a computer-related field and seven (7) of those years as progressive years specializing in computer networking
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in planning, designing, implementation, and analyzing data or telecommunications networks.
- Experience with network analysis/management tools and techniques and be familiar with Personal Computers (PCs) in a client/server environment.
- Familiar with IT technology and long-distance and local carrier management.
- Senior-level Cisco networking.
- Possess a thorough understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs, cloud networking and mobile networking.
ITnova is an engineering and information technology (IT) consulting firm, headquartered in Glen Burnie, Maryland. ITnova specializes in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in particular, project management, business analysis, business re-engineering, quality assurance, testing and IT integration for the U.S. local, state and federal government. ITnova's approach of using proven methodologies, techniques and metrics allows ITnova to ensure project quality for key activities and milestones.
ITnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). ITnova has a complete benefits package including medical benefits, 401k, paid-time off and training reimbursement.
At this time, ITnova is unable to sponsor H1B visas for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $95,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Cisco: 9 years (Required)
- computer networking: 9 years (Preferred)
- IT related: 7 years (Required)
- active CCNA (not expired) (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off