STAT Informatic Solutions is a leader in outsource imaging services with over 70 contracted facilities nationwide. We specialize in imaging documents created from ancillary and disparate systems to various Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions.
The Document Processing Specialist is responsible for the daily preparation, scanning, and verification of discharged patient medical records/charts. The Document Processing Specialist ensures all medical records are processed in accordance with STAT Informatic Solutions' guidelines. In addition, Document Processing Specialists are responsible for communicating all issues that impact the quality or timely completion of the production process to the Operations Manager and/or Assistant Operations Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check and receive in charts using daily discharge summary list.
- Accurately prepare Patient Medical Charts for scanning based on guidelines established by HMA and STAT Informatic Solutions.
- Responsible for scanning charts using a scanner device to make sure chart count balances per batch cover sheet while ensuring the highest image quality.
- Verify and index batches (medical record charts) into the computer and required software to release charts into work production queue.
- Meet daily production goals established by Operations Managers and/or Supervisors.
- Display effective and professional communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality policies at all times.
- May be responsible for assisting in the training of new hires by utilizing operational knowledge of production processes and STAT Informatic Solutions module based training programs.
- May be responsible for checking the queue as needed.
- Assist as directed with daily chart quality control and processing of reports.
- Adhere to all policies, guidelines, programs, and procedures in the employee handbook.
- Participate in periodic team meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Document Processing Specialists must be able to communicate (both written and oral) clearly, proactively and concisely with all key stakeholders, manage their time by organizing and completing work within given deadlines, and make critical decisions while following company policies, guidelines, and procedures. Document Processing Specialists must also be able to adapt to change in environment and/or circumstances with a positive outlook and adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures. Furthermore, must be able to independently take prompt proactive steps towards problem resolution and able to pay attention to details in order to perform work accurately and thoroughly. ADDITIONAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Must have either a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of 6 months to 1-year related experience. Some college preferred, but not required. Must be proficient with computers, office equipment, and computer software necessary to perform and complete daily production. Must also have thorough knowledge of federal and state information regulations and medical record keeping requirements. Must be able to pass pre-employment screening based on Hospital and Company guidelines and policies.