Marketing Manager, Director or VP Wanted
Shoptalk is the World’s Largest Conference for Retail & Ecommerce. Our team is smart but small (about 20 people) and we have a collaborative, supportive, start-up culture. We’re casual, fun and easygoing, and we work in an amazing space with fantastic light and views in midtown east.
We're looking for a Marketing Manager, Director or VP to support our growing team. We are open to the seniority level for the right individual.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for managing and marketing to our database, as well as working with external, paid media, and digital initiatives
- Managing database build
- Managing marketing calendar
- Identify relevant industry publications and websites for potential media placement
- Manage Shoptalk’s marketing budget, including all paid media buys (email blasts, newsletter banners, retargeting, etc.)
- Develop a strong understanding of each media partner
- Communicate and liaise with internal teams on marketing strategy and then implementing that strategy
- Manage social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
- Support Sales Team in creating sales collateral etc.
- Being the day-to-day point of contact for all paid media
- Manage development of marketing materials, including brochures
- Manage recruiting and engagement of editorial media that attend our events
- Support sales team, including at industry events
You’ll also handle ad-hoc projects as needed
To be successful in this role, you must have/be:
- Strong, proven marketing background
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Some experience in the retail, ecommerce or CPG industry (experience at a brand, retailer, startup, consulting firm, research organization, or media outlet is a plus but not necessary)
- Intense curiosity about how retail is changing
- At least 3-4 years of experience working in a marketing related role
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- The ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Be extremely detail-oriented, be a take-charge problem-solver
- Take ownership of your work and see projects through completion
- Ability to stay organized when facing multiple priorities
- Experience with Marketo a plus (but not required)
- Experience with Salesforce a plus (but not required)
If you want to be a part of creating something truly exceptional, and you’re a hard working, responsible individual who takes ownership of his/her work, we’ll give you an environment you’ll thrive and succeed in.
Job Type: Full-time