We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job provides security for patients, guests and employees as assigned; enforces Ochsner (OHS) policies and procedures; and performs assigned duties that ensure the security of patients, guests, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Required - 1 year Security, law enforcement, or military experience.
Required - Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Valid Louisiana driver’s license and clean DMV report
Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI), and firearms training.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individual.
This position is considered Team A Essential Personnel and must report for duty in the event of a disaster
Ability to read, write and speak the English language
Ability to continuously walk the OHS property including outside areas, interior areas, using stairwells in 11 floor plus structure
- Enforces all OHS safety and security rules, regulations, and policies on OHS property.
- Conducts routine inspections of OHS on-site and off-site locations.
- Investigates accidents and other incidents which are assigned and reports all occurrences in a timely manner.
- Performs opening/lockdown of all buildings as approved by Administration and performs other safety and security related duties as assigned.
- Participates in emergency response and related preparedness drills.
- Maintains required annual certifications and completes training requirements within required time periods.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Are you ready to make a difference at Ochsner and live our values of Patient's First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, & Teamwork?
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish .
Affirmative Action Policy Statement