About Protocol Networks
Founded in 2000, Protocol Networks is one of the fastest growing information technology consultancies in New England, because unlike other IT consulting firms, Protocol Networks focuses on solving business problems with technical solutions. We use a practical business approach with all of our clients. Our diverse customer base has given us the experience and knowledge to offer in-depth and comprehensive solutions. Protocol Networks has regional offices in Johnston, RI, Marlborough, MA, and North Easton, MA.
*We are hiring a Portuguese speaking Associate Help Desk Analyst within our Data Center and Help Desk Department.This role is in Cambridge and in Marlborough, MA.
About this Position:
- Provide basic, first-line support to all team members with a high level of customer service and technical knowledge via phone, email, walk-up, and web form.
- Provide basic information and instruction for daily activities and inquiries.
- Perform basic incident management and request fulfillment per service level agreements (SLA) and customer expectations for all business systems/software (Off the shelf and home grown) and requests.
- Communicate as the face of IT to all areas of the business for all incidents and requests in a clear and direct manner.
Our Associate Help Desk Analyst Team Members:
- Provide basic Help Desk coverage and support in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve all basic reported issues (software, hardware, and processes) in a logical and systematic method.
- Log and document all necessary information and detail for every customer contact.
- Identify and escalate critical incidents with a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Prioritize work and set expectations for all incidents and requests.
- Identify and initiate proactive, basic solutions that improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Collaborate with customers (of all levels of the business), team members, and support teams to identify incident details and request requirements.
- Assist with various desk side tasks (e.g. equipment deployments, equipment moves, etc.).
- Perform daily preventative maintenance on all necessary peripheral devices (e.g. scanners).
- Participate in a weekly On Call (24x7) rotation.
- Educational background in IT, specifically Help Desk and/or Networking
- A+, Network +, preferred
- Ablity to work independently or within a team
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to proactively train on new technologies a plus Ability to perform network traffic analysis using network capture tools
- Experience with network management and monitoring tools, such as ScienceLogic.
- Ability to work in a strong team environment as well as independently as the need arises.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems.
Applicant must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays if the need arises
Protocol Networks Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Protocol Networks Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Protocol Networks Inc., expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Protocol Networks Inc’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Help desk or Desktop: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)