Title Outreach Assistant and Interpretive Staff Member at Museum Center
Department: Programs and Collections-Museum Center
Pay Rate: $10/hr
Reports to: Program Manager-Museum Center
Hours and Schedule: 20 hours per week. Weekdays, some evenings, and Saturdays.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own a car.
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for 4-5 hours at a time.
- Should have public speaking experience, as well as experience working with children.
- A degree in education, history, a science field, or similar work experience a plus.
- Present Science and Michigan History programing in school classrooms to children in grades PreK through 6th. Training will be provided and mileage reimbursed.
- Staff STEM Lab and/or Science Center as assigned. Help with tasks and special programs for the Museum Center Programming Department.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Museum Center on Saturdays as scheduled, and lead Saturday family activities.
- Conduct surveys, present pop-up programs, or lead gallery tours as assigned.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Lakeshore Museum Center, Attn: Jackie Huss, 430 W. Clay Ave, Muskegon, MI 49440 no later than February 15, 2019.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Working with Children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Public Speaking: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)