Benson Hill Biosystems empowers innovators to unlock the global genetic potential of plants benefiting people and our planet. We are building the future of agricultural genomics and looking for talented and passionate individuals who will help us drive our vision. Our core values will inspire you to be bold, innovate through collaboration, work hard and smart, and have fun while doing so!
We are actively seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join our rapidly growing organization. This person will develop, execute, and monitor local Health & Safety program to ensure Benson Hill is aligned with industry standards. The EHS Manager will work closely with leadership to establish and maintain a proactive safety culture.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the company’s EH&S’s initiatives and programs
- Developing EH&S programs towards a growing business and an all-encompassing safety culture
- Developing, implementing and coordinating an EH&S Management System that helps improve employee engagement, reduce business risks and guide personnel in continuous improvement initiatives regarding EH&S policies
- Leading employee training programs promoting positive EH&S behaviors & compliance
- Following actions plans & report progress with compliance, regulations, waste reductions, Environmental assessments etc.Acting as a champion to the company’s Emergency Response Team
- Detecting all opportunities to deliver outstanding results in Operations beyond Safety
- Reviewing research protocols and performing the initial risk assessment in the areas of potentially infectious microorganisms, potentially biohazardous materials, recombinant DNA, biotechnology, chemical carcinogens, and toxins.
- A bachelor's degree in occupational health, safety or a related field is required.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 3+ years direct experience in EHS with R&D and laboratories preferred
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to work both in a team and as individual without supervision,
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and decision-making skills is essential
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Certifications preferred
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Learning and Development Courses
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….