A leading regional provider of commercial Audio Visual (AV) solutions and services, is looking for a seasoned leader with management experience to oversee their production events, rental and staging division in the Philadelphia, PA area.
The ideal candidate will have prior manager or director level leadership experience overseeing and managing not only event operations but also P&L and new business development in the commercial Audio Visual Events and Staging solutions industry.
Required Experience and Skills
- Interface with sales, clients and production team to ensure events are properly planned and executed.
- Work with third party vendor and union labor sources to ensure maximized labor staffing and utilization to budget.
- Solicit new customers and support assigned existing accounts. Write proposals as needed.
- Review event rental orders with account executives and make equipment selection recommendations to ensure the proper equipment is prearranged for the event
- Perform site visits with customers and/or event planners to validate their individual requirements for onsite productions as it relates to audio visual technician support.
- Work with customers prior to, the day of, and during events to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
- Remain up-to-date with new technology and trends to recommend new equipment purchases and customer solutions.
- At least 6-8 years of progressive technical and then leadership experience in the Audio Visual industry.
- At least 4 recent years of leadership/management experience in the Audio Visual commercial solutions/services industry.
- Experience in rental and staging event management is a must.
- Extensive multi discipline set-up, operation and engineering experience.
- Experience working closely with event planners, clients, technicians and facility managers to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goal(s) of the particular event.
- Extensive knowledge in SD and HD video switching, cameras, analog digital media content management, signal processing, system design, high resolution switching, multi-screen displays including blending, warping and image manipulation.
- Experience writing proposals and presenting them professionally and competently to all levels in an organization.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills working with all levels of customers, company employes and union contractors.
- Technical College degree or equivalent experience
- CTS or other related AV industry certifications desired not required
events, staging, rentals, sales, P&L