As a sensor engineer on our team, you have the chance to shape the development of next generation sensing technologies and systems that will help to increase efficiency and reduce emissions by leading the design and management of government R&D programs and evaluate novel technology concepts. On our team, you’ll be able to broaden your skill set into areas like edge computing, signal processing, and data visualization and your knowledge of agricultural and bioenergy market considerations. Grow your skills by merging sensor and circuit engineering, systems design and integration, and data science to envision and manage next generation energy technology programs, including agricultural sensor systems and analytics. Join our team and create the future of technology in multiple advanced energy sectors.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in postdoctoral, academic, or industry roles pertaining to the design or optimization of sensors and sensor network architectures
- Experience with researching edge computing and sensor fusion techniques
- Ability to exhibit flexibility and adaptability and work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness when dealing with uncertainty and ask insightful questions that challenge traditional thinking
- Ability to perform domestic travel between 10% - 15% of the time
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- PhD degree in EE, Physics, CS, or Materials Science
- Experience with cross-domain expertise in sensor optimization, integrated circuit design, and secure software architecture
- Experience with agricultural, biodegradable, harsh environment, low-power, low-cost, or otherwise novel semiconductor electronics
- Experience with multiple sensor modalities, including chemical, optical, and remote, lab-on-a-chip devices, and complex multi-sensor systems
- Experience with sensor development for gas, including N2O, CH4, and CO2 or soil measurements, including organic matter, bulk density, and respiration
- Experience with the design or optimization of wireless communication systems, edge computing systems, low-power computing, end-to-end IoT applications
- Experience with statistical analysis, algorithm development, image, video, and signal processing, and data visualization
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, problem-solving, and client service skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.