Full Job Description
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Senior Category Manager for Prepared Foods is responsible for supporting the Central & West region customers category management needs across the Prepared Foods portfolio. Deliverables include: develop category sell stories leading with consumer insights & category analysis to lead innovation summits, category reviews, new item presentations and overall business building initiatives. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Retail Sales & has accountability to the Central & West Region Customers (i.e. Walmart, Kroger, Target, Albertsons).
Candidate will ideally sit in the Greater Chicago Area - open to Cincinnati and Bentonville as well.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Creation of consumer led sell stories supporting overall business objectives of company to deliver Operating Plan
2. Partners with the Directors of Sales & the Account Managers to develop category reviews to unlock joint business planning and category assortment opportunities for profitable growth
3. Leverage best practices by partnering across Perdue insights & category management to overcome retailer roadblocks
4. Develops & maintains a strong partnership with IRI, Perdue’s Director of Insights, Perdue Marketing & other Perdue Category Managers
5. Publishes monthly reporting for the Central & West region teams – validate data
6. Partners with the Director and NAM’s on internal reviews & special projects. IE: Monthly Share review & ad hoc projects
7. Leverage retailer’s syndicated data system where applicable. IE: Retail Link for Walmart, 84.51 for Kroger.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree, or equivalent related work experience in Category Management & syndicated data systems (IRI), plus 8 - 10 years’ of related experience (meat/poultry or CPG industries).
The ideal candidate will have:
Experience with retailer-specific data systems (preferably Walmart, Kroger and Albertsons).
Strong analytical skills & the ability to partner cross functionally. The towering strength must be the ability to effectively “tell the story.”
Ability to travel if required for internal & customer-facing meetings (~20%). Must be able to travel to plant facilities and market areas to include overnight stays.
PREFERRED: IRI data system experience; Kroger’s 84.51 stratum platform, Walmart’s Retail Link data system
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.