Warehouse Receiving Associate
Grimco, Inc. was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 45 locations across the United States, 5 across Canada, and a sales division that is focused solely on growth in the Caribbean and Latin American markets. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
Due to our excellent customer service we have been voted Vendor of the Year by our customers in the FASTSIGNS, Signs by Tomorrow, and Signs Now nationwide franchise networks! We are also celebrating our inclusion in the Top 100 Entry Level Employers listing released annually by CollegeGrad.com
What Makes GRIMCO special?
- We’re excited for our 142nd year in business! We have a stable, growing company that continues to evolve with our industry.
- We promote from within – our strong performers become our strong leaders.
- We have GREAT team members throughout North America, and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed & educated supplier in our industry!
What Separates the Good from the Great at GRIMCO?
Determination; competitive drive; eagerness to learn all facets of our company; strong desire to provide exceptional customer experiences; constant preparation for future leadership; hunger to make an immediate impact on a solid growing company. This is what we seek in our distribution teams!
Job Description – Responsibilities/Activities including, but not limited to:
Manufacturing/Production/Distribution employees coast-to-coast start on a Temp-to-Hire basis with our Local Staffing Partners.
- Load and unload delivery trucks both by hand and using a forklift.
- Stock inventory when replenishment shipments arrive.
- Perform accurate cycle counts of inventory.
- Maintain organization of warehouse and general housekeeping.
- Perform duties using a safety conscious attitude.
- Communicate effectively and positively with other employees.
- Teamwork is key in order to maximize efficiency and positive attitude.
- Other duties as necessary (cleaning/sweeping warehouse, special projects that may arise).
Job Requirements – Skill Sets and Experience Necessary Include:
- Warehouse experience helpful but not required.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. solo regularly - both lateral and overhead.
- Ability to stand and walk for a full work day. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, squat, kneel, and lift (both lateral and overhead).
- Forklift experience helpful but not required.
- Accurate in work – attention to detail. Flexible in duties.
- Safety conscious at all times.
- Professional appearance and ability to interact with individuals from all backgrounds.
- Strong work ethic – dedicated to getting the job done.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to take and PASS pre-employment drug screen test.
- Clean criminal and work background histories.
- Interest in growing with Grimco – potential overtime hours, and supervisory duties in the future, etc.
- Willing to take on any challenge and excel as well as learn from it.
- Be an independent thinker (no idea is a bad idea).
NO CALLS, PLEASE.
Hours for this role are available 8:00am – 4:30 pm Mondays through Fridays.
Additional hours and/or days based on demand. Hours are not flexible - schedule is set.
By completing this online application for employment, you certify that the information on this application is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. You understand that any misrepresentation or omission of fact in response to any inquiry made in this application may result in rejection of application or, if hired, dismissal whenever it is discovered. You authorize and release all parties from any liability or damage that may result from seeking, furnishing or using such information. You understand and agree that, if hired, your employment is for no definite period and may, regardless of the date of payment of compensation, be terminated by Grimco, Inc. at any time, for any or no reason, with or without notice. You understand that no representation to the contrary is valid unless in writing, setting a definite term of employment, and signed by the company's CEO. You further understand and agree that any job offer is contingent upon your passing, to the company's satisfaction, a drug and/or alcohol test, criminal background check and other possible screenings. You understand that this application is active for 90 days only, and if you do not hear from the company but still wish to be considered for employment after 90 days, you will need to fill out a new application.