The Email Campaign Operations, Director is expected to perform all job duties including the following:
The Director of Campaign Operations, Email is responsible for the daily management, leadership and implementation of the email execution for a group of accounts. This would include but not be limited to the email channel and additional corresponding SMS/MMS initiatives, data/list management, online media and promotional support to maximize client business/marketing objectives.
This role is responsible for managing a team of end-to-end project management/campaign operations personnel and internal relationship building.
A successful candidate is:
- Product Expert – years of experience in the ESP marketing services industry with deep knowledge of market dynamics, stakeholders, competitors and emerging players
- Market Facing – externally focused with demonstrated marketing materials and client/partner engagement, joint strategy and partnership development
- Collaborator – strong partnering skills with others including fellow team members, peers, key stake holders; able to build relationships & connects ideas across internal and external opportunities
- Curious – willing to take calculated/planned risks, be bold, empowering and tenacious, challenge traditional approaches, inquisitive with a penchant for seeking new opportunities
- Determined – achievement oriented; optimistic about what can be; persistent, resilient to setbacks, seeks high levels of activity, fast-paced environment; demonstrates a fierce commitment to challenging goals, a strong bias for action
- Team Leader- building strong team composition; developing team; establishing clear goals and objectives
- Oversee the project definition, management and execution of email channel programs, including but not limited to, email campaign management, social media integration, landing pages and support sites, online media and promotions, and affiliate marketing, in order to maximize client business/marketing objectives
- Day to day contact for the respective internal Enterprise client(s); able to build strong client relationships while executing up-sell and cross-sell to organically grow the business
- Accountable for each assigned marketing/media project and each phase of the online marketing/media process: strategy, planning/buying, trafficking, optimization, and measurement analysis and ROI
- Works directly with the creative, data, development and account teams to ensure that each project is on strategy, on time and within budget
- Serve as a point of integration for multiple agency departments; ensure integrated program management
- Able to write solid proposals and strategies across a variety of verticals
- Solid, growth oriented business development skills. Able to write responses to RFP/RFI documents
- Help identify and qualify vendors for partnerships
- Manage third-party vendors and contractors and evaluate new opportunities for the client on an ongoing basis
- Stay up-to-date on and advises clients of the latest trends in email marketing/media (i.e. kinetic elements, responsive dev technique)
- Participate in new project development and new business efforts as required by management
- Has a conversant understanding of common digital tools and techniques (HTML/CSS, .NET or PHP, database design/development, etc.)
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of email channel deliverability. Able to formulate and clearly organize/articulate recommendations.
- 7 years' experience leading operation and delivery organizations with a strong focus on internal and client relationship management
- Able to provide inventive, but measurable, solutions for client challenges
- Experience with Email Service Provider (ESP) platforms (i.e. Harmony, Cheetahmail, SalesForce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget), Yesmail, Oracle (Responsys), SilverPop, etc…)
- Able to think "outside the box"
- Proven success navigating large, matrixed organizations
- Experience in handling complex and large datasets
- Exemplary communication skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Strong presentation skills
- Solid understanding of usability within the Web and email channels
- Experience drawing recommendations from Web analytics
- Ability to create and monitor business KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Proven consultative sales results
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated and assertive self-starter
- Deeply familiar and passionate about digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a strong understanding of email marketing
- Experienced with hands-on implementation and results measurement
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Time management and problem solving skills
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations
- Team player willing to "roll up sleeves" when necessary and balance the delegation of tasks
- Education: 4 year college degree in related field preferred
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.