Company: Big Data Federation predicts financial and economic performance by using machine learning algorithms and big data. Our AI-based Enterprise SaaS solution solves the key challenge
facing companies of how to correctly predict market demand and sales. We are a venture-backed
team of technologists, mathematicians, data scientists, and programmers seeking enthusiastic people to expand our Silicon Valley office. Our solutions are already deployed with Fortune 100 companies.
Job Profile: We are seeking a VP/Director of Software Engineering to deliver our solution against our ambitious timeline and build a world class team of developers that will set the pace and the standard for how well our solutions can be executed. Our growing engineering team is currently located in Silicon Valley and Eastern Europe. You will report directly to our CEO.
Key focus for the role:
- Technical vision, road-map, execution, and delivery of our solution
- Oversee hiring, contracting and development of the engineering team
- Provide visibility to the leadership team on the development road-map, budget, expected timelines
- Own the development and delivery of the entire technical solution, right through design, build and scale of the software architecture
- Work directly with our teams to understand end-user and internal application requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Leverage your technical expertise to ensure we deliver our solution in the most timely and resource efficient way possible, with ideal UX in mind taking special account of the challenges of presenting large and complex data sets
- Manage our international engineering teams located in Silicon Valley and Eastern Europe
- Participate in key sales, business development and investor meetings with the CEO
- Make decisions in collaboration with our industry specialists, ensure proper technical documentation of the solution
- Undertake project risk analysis, mitigation, budget planning, continuously review problems
- Build relationships with third party partners through involvement in both sales and execution process
- Get the engineering teams excited about building and delivering on road-map
- Be an evangelist for the company
- 10+ years of overall engineering experience, 3+ or more spent in building product and managing and scaling teams
- Verifiable experience growing and scaling software development teams in high growth environments
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and goal focused. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication – You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must.
- A bias towards action, seeking constructive feedback from customers, peers, and your team, and measurement and iteration are part of your natural process
- Start-up leadership experience (prefer high growth company with funding and 10+ employees)
- Proven track record of demonstrating ability to scale and build large engineering teams from scratch (3+ years building & managing engineering teams)
- Proven track record of bringing solutions to market in a startup environment
- Strong use and direct familiarity throughout the technology stacks
- Experience with machine learning, big data, and Natural Language processing
- Education - We value intelligence, personality, experience and overall fit over a particular degree
- Start-up: 2 years (required)
- Software Engineering: 6 years (preferred)
- Big Data: 2 years (preferred)
- Competitive salary and commission
- Generous stock options
- Full health benefits: medical, vision and dental
- Paid time off
Big Data Federation, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time