Catapult Consultants is looking for a System Administrator to provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. This is a full-time position and consists of three rotating shifts.
Specifically, the System Administrator:
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Supports and provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline is required. (Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a degree.)
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following shell and scripting languages: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, Batch, VBScript, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: Windows, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIX, Linux or UNIX.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: networking protocols and applications (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP stack, sockets, console, license, NFS, SAMBA, and back-up, SAN and mail servers).
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision.
Catapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.