The American Gem Society Laboratories is hiring a Support Services Specialist. We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual with strong communication skills, to fill our full-time position working in a professional office environment.
- Monitors and reports any unsafe or suspicious acts
- Monitors the safety and security of employees and visitors
- Monitors and maintains the safety and security of employer and client assets, including monitoring for tampering
- Confirms authority of visitors prior to allowing building entry
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of employer/client property
- Monitors and examines security of doors, windows, and gates for tampering/damage on a regular basis as assigned
- Prepares warnings to violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles
- Inspects equipment and machinery on a regular basis to ascertain if tampering or damage has occurred
- Monitors and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department in event of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Records and maintains data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and theft
- Responds to alarm calls as needed during or outside of normal work schedule
- Maintains personal cell phone to receive calls and texts as needed.
- Receives and inspects client property prior to delivering to receiving
- Ability to accurately count all assets that flow in/out of the vault area
- Maintains the documentation of assets signed in/out of vault area
- Opens, inspects and verifies all package contents under camera surveillance and in the presence of a second security personnel
- Reports any discrepancies to the Support Services Supervisor.
- Responds to employee requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Interacts in a professional and courteous manner with visitors, contractors and vendors while onsite
- Able to create or maintain and update Word and Excel documents as assigned
- Accepts and takes responsibility for all other administrative duties as assigned.
Other Duties: The above noted job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the job. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this specific position and/or the skills and abilities required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
- First-aid, CPR and AED certified (or ability to be certified)
- Knowledge of CCTV, access control and computer related security hardware/software
- Ability to lift and/or move more than 100 pounds as needed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Proven experience working in an organized, methodical, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to meet daily goals and deadlines in a timely manner
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Required education and experience:
- Associate's degree in criminal justice or police science, preferred
- 2-3 years’ of military experience or 2-3 years related security experience and/or training
We are a team of passionate, inspired, empowered nonprofit professionals. With teamwork at our core, we make a difference by serving our members and clients to the best of our abilities every day. We believe our people are our greatest assets, so we attract and retain employees with our competitive compensation and benefits package, not to mention a great work environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability and matching 401(k). Our work schedule is 37.5 hours per week.
To apply, or to learn more about this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- military: 2 years
- security related: 4 years
- Microsoft Office Products: 4 years