Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At BLuehawk Intelligence Services, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, BLuehawk is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented SQL Server / Oracle Database Administrator to join our team in the Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Bluehawk.
- Creates logical and physical relational data bases
- Participates in full life-cycle software development including specification, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Conducts performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Administers Disaster Recovery Planning and Security Management operations
- Troubleshoots performance issues, fine-tunes databases and index analysis
- Conducts SQL Server 2012 migration from SQL Server 2008 / 2005
- Addresses memory configurations for SQL Server
- Conducts Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support
- Creates linked servers between SQL Server & Oracle
- Creates packages for data transfer between environments
- Migration from Oracle based on-premise server to SQL Server 2016 in AWS cloud
- Work in an Agile and DevOPS environment
- Skills and Tasks. Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- Individual Work/Teamwork/Leadership. May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
- Guidance. Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
- Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order. Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP. Desired Qualifications:
- SQL Server / SQL Server Database Administration (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016).
- Oracle (9, 11 & 12)
- Experience in upgrading and migrating from Oracle to SQL Server environments
- Knowledgeable about applying and maintaining database STIGs
- Knowledgeable about clustering, disaster recovery, and availability
- Thorough knowledge of backup, recovery, database/application performance tuning, and related infrastructure diagnostics
- Microsoft SQL (MS SQL) Server software Certification or Certified Database Administrator (DBA) in Oracle Database software Education Requirements: Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position Minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level High School Diploma / GED 12 Associates Degree 10 Bachelor’s Degree 8 Master’s Degree 6 PhD 4
Current TS/SCI eligibility in JPAS Must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph
Qualifications Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Years of Experience: