United States Steel Corporation is seeking a Division Manager - Steelmaking & Casting. The Division Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager - Primary Operations.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain established production schedules and recommend changes thereto consistent with facilities’ capabilities, operating requirements and power requirements.
- Collaborate with operating and staff personnel in developing new or revised standard operating practices, policies, and procedures.
- Plan and direct an effective repair and maintenance program for all equipment.
- Recommend and maintain optimum inventory levels for material and supplies.
- Responsible for performance management of direct report Area Managers and provides guidance to help individuals achieve goals.
- Responsible for ensuring that U. S. Steel standards are met or exceeded for the administration of the corporate safety policies and programs and ensures all personnel, both management and production/maintenance, adhere to the corporate and local safety guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, and manages division budget and expenditures to ensure strategic and cost effective operations are adhered to.
- Designs and implements annual and short range business plans and multi-year strategic planning to meet current and future requirements.
- Participates as a team leader/member on continuous improvement problem solving.
- Actively participates in building a framework for cooperation and teamwork between operations and maintenance groups within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Champion RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) Program in the Steel Division
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, chemical, electrical, metallurgical engineering or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years work experience in manufacturing or related industry
- Prior experience required as a Manager, or Director of Plant Operations/ Maintenance, or another closely related discipline
- Supervision and management of a unionized workforce
- Strategic Planning
- Business Judgment
- Project Management Skills
- Continuous Improvement
- Support Safety as our primary core value and the Corporation’s top priority
Auto req ID9184BR
Work Location - City
State/ProvinceUS - IN
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
- As a senior leader of the company, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to lead change, effective communication, and high-performance teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
CompanyUnited States Steel Corporation