Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR 4 years equivalent professional or military experience
6+ months of Industry experience
Experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Analytics -Linux, Networking, MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle, Database Performance Tuning, ETL, Kinesis/ElasticSearch/Cloudsearch/Redshift
- Big Data -Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Zookeeper, HBASE, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Yarn, HTFS, Sqoop, Python, shell scripting
- Databases - Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, performance tuning, HA databases, database scaling
- Deployment/DevOps - Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology; Git/Perforc/SVN/TFVC; Chef/Puppet/Docker/Jenkins/Ansible; Apache Tomcat,/Nginx/Glassfish/JBoss/Puma/IIS; Bash/PowerShell/Ruby/Python/ebextensions
- Linux Systems Administration - Linux/Unix (Ubuntu/CentOS/RedHat/Solaris; Networking; IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring
- Networking - DNS; IPsec; BGP; Load Balancing; Configuring & troubleshooting software-based (IPsec & SSL) VPN solutions; experience with devices -Cisco/Juniper/SonicWall/ Fortinet,/Checkpoint,/Palo Alto/Yamaha
- Security – Information security (application security, cryptography, threat modeling, penetration testing); web security and compliance (Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention, PCI, HIPAA, FIPS, etc.
- Storage & Content Delivery (Content Delivery Networks; Streaming video/H264/MP4/WEBM/Smooth Streaming; Search Engines/Solr/Lucene; Storage protocols/iSCSI/NFS/CIFS/SMB; client/server & distributed systems architecture)
- Windows Systems Administration (Windows Server versions 2003-2012R2; Networking/DNS/TCP/IP)
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition by leading the world in cloud technology. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of transformational technologies, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. In AWS, you will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS is seeking talented engineers who enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and are well versed in systems and network administration, big data analysis, database design and optimization. This role supports services that focus on Analytics technologies including Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Cloudsearch, QuickSight, Neptune, Kafka and Redshift. On a typical day, a cloud support engineer may field general guidance questions from customers such as getting started using AWS services up to troubleshooting and reproducing complex performance issues. You will have the opportunity to work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, investigate metric trends, deployment issues, and consult a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational processes. Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” If you are a customer obsessed, motivated self-starter with an agile mindset and experience in systems/network administration with exposure to database technologies, we are looking for you!
Why AWS Support?
- Follow-the-sun model with support sites in 7 locations globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
- Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- Career development within AWS Support: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
- Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues, but may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.
- Experience in a customer support environment
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions to technical issues
- Familiar with data warehousing and ETL process
- Understanding of Cloud Computing concepts
- Experience scripting or developing in at least one of the following languages:
o .NET (C#)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.