The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for regional support of the human resource function at company owned/operated golf facilities while maintaining the commitment of ensuring the delivery of excellent employee and customer service. Related activities include, but are not limited to, supporting, executing and completing tasks and projects within the following HR disciplines: Employee Relations (heavy emphasis), Recruiting/Staffing/Retention, Benefits Administration, Compensation, Training, HRIS Administration and Compliance/Legal. This is a fully remote position based within the Western Region that reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and requires up to 30% travel including overnight visits within the region and to the corporate headquarters in Virginia.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- 2 - 4 years of experience in human resources
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- State and local employment law knowledge
- SHRM-CP/PHR or SHRM-CP/PHR eligible preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a major plus
- Serves as first level of support on functions including but not limited to: Employee Relations, Recruiting/Staffing/Retention, Benefits Administration, Compensation, Training, HRIS administration and Compliance/Legal.
- Stays current with all applicable legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR activities to ensure the company’s policies, procedures, and reporting activities are in compliance with federal, state and local laws related to employment.
- Works collaboratively with the HR team (including subject matter experts in Benefits, Recruiting, Training and HRIS) and serves as the HR business partner to their Regional Operations team.
- Assists in the development and interpretation of the company’s HR policies and procedures and ensures the company’s HR policies & procedures manual and employee handbook are compliant and remain current.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Works with management, supervisors, and employees to resolve problems that arise due to policy interpretations, procedural issues, job performance concerns, time off matters, harassment concerns, equal employment issues, etc.
- Conducts fact finding interviews, makes recommendations regarding appropriate corrective actions for a wide range of conduct and performance issues and recommends appropriate disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Represent management in investigating, responding to and settling grievances and employee complaints. Where applicable, coordinates meetings between employees and management to facilitate the dispute resolution process.
- Represents the company in dealings with government agencies such as the EEOC, Department of Labor and National Labor Relations Board.
- Assists with administration of employee engagement surveys, conducts focus groups, makes recommendations based on the results, and implements action items and/or programs.
- Assist with full-cycle recruitment including sourcing, interviewing, and referring quality applicants for golf related and corporate level positions.
- Coordinates recruitment methods with hiring managers to attract quality candidates appropriate to the position and organization's needs.
- Generates employment offer letter packages and assists with new hire orientation including for new facilities.
- Conducts reference and background checks and pre-employment drug screenings
- Assist with developing training curriculums for field managers that effectively enhance their skills and performance.
- Conducts proactive facility HR audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)