Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Staff (“COS”) this position provides administrative support for the Chief Executive Officer and Chief of Staff. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers, board members and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. This employment opportunity is located in our North Administrative Offices in Wilmington, DE.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance at 3 times your annual salary
- 401k with match of .50 on the dollar up to 6%
- 10 paid days off the first year, increasing to 15 days after 3 years
- 2 personal days, one discretionary bonus day
- 10 sick days with ability to roll over each year and accumulate up to 30
- 10 paid holidays
Salary Range: Between $40,00.00 and $45,000.00 yearly based upon experience and qualifications.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, board meetings and conferences
- Perform desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the CEO and COS.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the CEO and COS. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Set up all Corporate Board, Executive Committee and Trustee meetings, including making arrangements for food/beverage and preparing materials for meetings as directed and taking meeting minutes
- Answers phones for CEO and COS. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other assistants to cover phones, greet visitors to Administrative Office.
- Sorts and distributes mail for the CEO and COS. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Maintain and manage meeting calendar for the CEO and COS including an appropriate level of screening and identifying schedule discrepancies in a proactive fashion. Primary responsibility for efficiently planning CEO time.
- Maintain all Corporate Board, Board of Trustees, Unit Board, and related committee/task force rosters and calendars and proactively plan, manage and establish all communication regarding above group of constituents.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies including high level staff such as vice presidents and other senior staff. Handles confidential and non-confidential information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the requests of the CEO and COS, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Oversee/schedule the main calendar for meeting space, conference rooms, etc. at North Admin
- Respond promptly to requests for reports/information from funding grant providers and board members and assist in preparation and management of information required for funding grant submissions to ensure timely submission
- Coordinating volunteer efforts as necessary.
- Coordination of BGCA Annual Report
- Maintain neat, orderly and professionally presentable office areas, including all office storage areas.
- Articulate and reinforce the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware mission and core beliefs with employees and others who visit or contact the administrative offices.
- Supports Special Events by coordinating RSVP lists, obtaining auction items and hosting events.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Associates degree or equivalent years of experience is required
- Minimum four years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, or office manager.
- Must excel in written and verbal communications
Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices related to:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Word, Excel and Power Point. Preferred experience with Blackbaud software – Financial Edge and Raisers Edge a plus
- Business procedures and practices
- Relationship of organization and departmental policies, procedures and operations.
- Written and oral communication.
- Office equipment (computer, telephone, mail, printer/copier, scanner, fax, etc.)
The job includes the normal physical demands associated with office work operating out of the North Administrative Office. Some periodic travel to unit and other business locations may be necessary.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Administrative: 4 years (Required)