JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Performs inspections on incoming purchased product. May be raw materials or manufactured parts.
- Responsible for performing manufacturing product inspections, including in-process inspection audits and set up/first-piece verifications.
- Enter data and maintain records of inspections in computer system
- Capture and file data reports, assigning numbers for National Board Registration for machines built and tested as specified by the ASME Code.
- Responsible for performing the functions pertaining to discrepant material, including working with other functional areas within the facility and off-site location to contain and correct the immediate situation, drive to root cause, and prevent future non-conformances.
- Perform investigations of customer concerns with the partnership of appropriate team members or vendors and this could include inventory inspections.
- Communicate results of investigations to appropriate functional areas and/or suppliers.
- Maintain log of customer concerns and records from investigations.
- Conduct audits of internal processes, as well as vendor processes.
- Perform data entry including entering alpha/numeric data into the computer along with written description of non-conformances, containment, and disposition.
- Perform certain Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE) as required.
- Promote open communications and teamwork, continuously striving to improve working relations and trust between the Customers, Employees and the Company.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that is professional, upholds the mission, vision and values, and interfaces well with customers, clients, co-workers and management members.
- Attend and actively listen/participate at required communication meetings.
- Complete all required training, including safety training, quality training and procedural training.
- Work to and/or help create standard work procedure (SOP).
- Adhere to and work towards safety and quality goals throughout the facility.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
About SPX Corporation
- Highschool diploma or equivilant, Associates Degree prefreed in Industrial Manunfacturing, Engineering Techology, Machining, etc.
- 2-4 years experience in manufacturing environment
- SAP experience preferred
- Proficent in Microsoft Office
- Ability to read blue prints required.
- Ability to operate a forklift and/or crane preferred
- Abillity to use calipers, micrometers, and tape measure etc.
With approximately $5 billion in annual revenue, Charlotte, North Carolina-based SPX is a multi-industry manufacturing leader with operations in more than 35 countries and over 14,000 employees worldwide.
Meeting the critical needs of world economies – particularly today’s fast-growing emerging markets – has been the driving force behind our strategic expansion and success in recent years. Since 1998, acquisitions and focused organic growth have helped SPX transition from a U.S.-centric automotive component manufacturer with less than $1 billion in sales, to a globally diversified provider of highly engineered, innovative products and technologies that support two critical needs of modern societies: power and energy; and foods and beverages.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.