L3 Space & Sensors is a division of L3 Technologies and we are located in Cincinnati’s northern suburb of Mason, Ohio.
Our Space & Sensors business has an impressive history and is an established pioneer in space exploration and defense technology. We are a Center of Excellence and world renowned for our expertise in the areas of infrared detection and space avionics. It’s no wonder we are consistently named in Fortune’s 500 listing.
At L3 you will have the opportunity to work with highly recognized engineering and manufacturing teams who are engaged in the design, development, and building of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that are used in a variety of defense and commercial applications.
We are currently seeking a Electronics Assembly Technician .
The Electronics Assembly Technician will perform the mechanical assembly of space avionic boxes using various types of hardware and tools. The Assembly Technician fabricates Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) and cable wire harnesses, conformal coating, and soldering.
- Perform mechanical assembly using various types of hardware and tools.
- Use lean manufacturing concepts in assembling product.
- Maintain configuration control on all product assembled.
- Maintain control over material being used in the fabrication process.
- Solder (Leaded and Surface Mount Components) on CCA's.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a high school degree; Associate’s Degree in a technical or engineering field is preferred.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred; electronics experience is a preferred.
- Ability to follow work instructions and read mechanical drawings.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Excel.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, such as communicating well with customers, management, engineering and manufacturing as well as other disciplines of the organization.
- Strong planning/organizational skills with ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work individually and in a team oriented environment.
- Able to attain J-STD-001 solder certification within 30 days subject to class availability.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefit package which includes the following:
- Competitive Pay
- 9/80 Work Schedule (with every other Friday off)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Plans
- Life and Disability Insurance Plans
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Various Voluntary Benefits
L3 is a publicly held company traded under the LLL symbol. We have over 75 locations globally with more than 30,000 employees whose primary focus is on keeping our nation safe. Our high standards and aggressive growth goals also mean that our employees are eligible for numerous career advancement opportunities.
L3 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Security Clearance Required :
: Day - 1st
: Division - Space Sensors Tech Center-20000032
: Individual Contributor
: Sep 19, 2018, 4:00:00 AM