Candidates must be extremely knowledgeable of commercial operating platforms and their supporting products, e.g. Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, MacAfee, etc… including a thorough understanding of day-to-day operational challenges surrounding business technologies within the finance industry. The candidate must be well versed with other operational disciplines such as: project management, problem management, change management, networking, systems monitoring, and multi-platform integration.
This is a hands-on position requiring a person with a great deal of systems management experience together with a thorough understanding of various technology principles. The position will participate within our Engineering Round Table (ERT), to assist promoting technology innovation through collaborative engineering.
Additionally, this role is a member of our 7x24 on call incident response team, which ensures rapid resolution of incidents limiting potential damage, and executes forensic analysis as needed.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Drive strategy, determine the roadmap for new features, capabilities and advanced architectures including setting the standards for design, implementation, operation and monitoring/management.
Onsite support coverage during business hours, on-call support rotation, weekend and weeknight work should be expected, respond/investigate reported incidents, fulfill requests for services, perform routine system maintenance, provision servers, manage infrastructure projects, represent administration team covering business initiatives, create/maintain support documentation, perform routine systems conformance/capacity validation.
- Design, build and develop engineered solutions using Scripting & Programming Languages (Powershell / VbScript, WMI, Batch, SQL)
- Create engineered solutions for medium-to-complex initiatives according to specified requirements
- Design and review/approve project requirements
- Serve as the subject matter expert for specific technical systems
- Troubleshoot and enhance desktop security and configuration management through Group Policy Objects (GPO) as well as the ability to create custom policies
- Troubleshoot application/operating systems issues with the Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, SCCM, image automation, local application virtualization, and endpoint protection suites
- Provide Tier 3 support in the operation and management of Windows desktops/laptops, thin clients, virtual machines, and related application components to ensure functionality and security of the supported desktop platforms
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts
- Coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
- Manage, develop and evaluate performance, coach and mentor, and provide career development guidance for staff
This is a uniquely challenging role. The size of both the team & company allow for flexibility, a wide range of responsibilities along with a variety of technical challenges. In addition, our organization is beginning an exciting time as we venture into the public cloud and new data center technology is being implemented. These challenges will present the engineer with significant opportunity for growth and to make his or her mark on the firm.
The ideal candidate will have a formal higher education degree (with an accredited college or university) in the field of IT is highly desired. Candidate must have at least 10+ years of hands-on experience within the finance and banking industry or equivalent. Business writing and presentation experience is a must as this role will have regular interactions with all levels of management, including executives.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft core architectures, operating systems and technologies
- Designing and architectural experience implementing desktop virtualization technologies such as ESX, vROps, Hyper-V, Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp and Dell/Wyse Thin O/S
- Experience with cloud based management of VDI a plus
- Experience with Windows 7 and 10, MDOP
- Experience with Microsoft Systems Center for monitoring and software deployment
- Experience with System Center DCM a plus
- Extensive scripting experience utilizing a variety of languages such as VB Script, Powershell, WMI, batch and SQL.
- Some Experience with IIS, HTML, ASP, JSP, etc., a plus
- Experience with desktop security products (ex. Symantec, McAfee, Laptop encryption, AD RMS)
- Expert-level knowledge of Active Directory, including Group Policy creation and management
- Provide timely diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution to escalated user incidents to comply with Service Level Agreement targets
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and 802.1x authentication
- Experience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM, and SCCM, and automated patching procedures
- Experience with Compliance standards and reporting (NIST, CIS)
- Ability to design and document complex workflows
- Hands on administration level experience with VMWare ESXi 6.x or higher and related technologies such as VCC, SRM, and Orchestrator.
o Design and build ESXi servers
o Security and performance tuning
o Design and implement virtual machine builds, clones, etc…
o Various automation activities using SRM/Orchestrator
- Experience w/VMware PowerCLI a plus
- Project management experience (create/maintain project plans. Drive projects to completion. Breakdown and resolve complex issues/barriers to success)
- Proficient with Microsoft office productivity products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines while maintaining strong relationships with management and peers
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrable curiosity in quantitative research and investment
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be comfortable working closely with senior business partners
- Demonstrated ability to lead/mentor Jr level team members
- Candidate must be a self-starter, a dependable partner, as well as a team player
- A strong desire to document and share work done to aid in long term support
- Ability to build efficient internal relations and communicate extensively with key internal stakeholders
- Ability to provide functional and directional guidance to staff and recommend policy or strategic direction changes to management
- Customer facing experience and ability
- Ability to drive consistent and repeatable results