Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services, homeless shelters, and low-income housing as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development - VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program is an effort between VOALA, HUD and the VA to move Veterans and their families out of homelessness and into permanent housing. The program provides housing assistance through a special Section 8 voucher program to allow homeless veterans to rent privately-owned housing.
Under supervision of licensed Program Manager, the Clinical Case Manager:
- Performs needs assessments with clients to determine housing stability barriers and develops housing stabilization plans with participants
- Works with participants that are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems by motivating behavioral changes among enrolled participants
- Conducts ongoing psychosocial assessments to determine needs of Veterans and family members and encourages active participation in the treatment planning process
- Conducts scheduled weekly home visits for each assigned participant; provides unscheduled visits for crisis intervention as required by critical incidents
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling from fully-accredited college or university; Master’s degree (MSW) preferred
- At least 5 years of experience (or MSW) in mental health/substance use disorder treatment and/or working with homelessness
- Effective written and oral communications skills with people from varied backgrounds
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to learn and use program-specific software
- Valid California drivers license and access to dependable transportation with adequate insurance
- Registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW) or Marriage Family Therapist Intern (MFTI)
- Coursework in substance use disorder counseling a plus
- U.S. Armed Forces Veteran preferred
- At least 1 year in residential treatment setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of psychosocial treatment modalities, especially cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy skills training (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), relapse prevention (RP), Seeking Safety preferred
- If recovering substance user, must have at least 3 years of sobriety
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.