We are The UPS Store, located inside the Omni Louisville Hotel. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to add to our awesome team who possesses strong customer service experience, sharp attention to detail, can work independently and as a team, is quick on their feet, organized, proactive, and be able to think beyond the here and now. Computer and POS experience is essential. Minimum HS Diploma or GED required.
The position is currently part-time, potentially full-time. Must be able to work some weekends. The normal business hours are M-F 8am-6pm, Sat-Sun 10a-2pm. On occasion, we will open early or stay later depending on the hotel's needs, but will be notified ahead of time. Duties include, but are not limited to: receiving and processing of packages for courier shipment, operation of standard office machines and computer knowledge (MS Office programs, fax machines, binding and laminating machinery). Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift 50lbs, unassisted. Must sustain a professional appearance at all times and be comfortable with interacting with the public. Retail experience preferred, but not necessary.
We are not UPS, The UPS Stores are individually owned and franchised.
- Delivers outstanding customer service to walk-in customers and telephone inquiries
- Continuously practices good listening skills with customers, UPS Store team members, and leadership
- Takes action to learn all product and service offerings, alternative solutions, and industry trends
- Operates all equipment, software, and devices in an expert fashion and is willing to teach others
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment
May open and/or close the store and perform end-of-day accounting, etc.
Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
Takes ownership of customers’ packing, shipping, and/or print problems and offers viable solutions
Communicates effectively with customers
Follows and understands quality guidelines
Frequently multi-tasks while maintaining extreme attention to detail and high quality control
Takes action to learn NEW products, services, alternative solutions, and industry trends as well as occasionally reviewing/retraining on lesser used services
- Preferred previous The UPS Store or Fed Ex experience, but not required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Retail/customer service experience
- Good communication and people skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- Outstanding phone skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including spelling and math
- Prompt, reliable, and responsible
- Able to lift 40+ pounds
- Printing and design knowledge is a plus