Evergreen Construction is looking for a Accountant to join our team in our Chicago, IL corporate office!
The Construction Accountant will report to the Senior Controller and assume a key role in providing overall accounting and related support for Evergreen Construction Company, for which the Construction Accountant is responsible for. This includes responsibility for accounting, review workpapers for the independent accounting firm, transaction analysis and draw package preparation.
The major areas directed are:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Accounting Activities
- Monthly billings
- Certified payroll
- Prepare month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliations, and other balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly cash basis financial statements for Evergreen Construction Company, as directed by owners, and lenders.
- Prepare quarterly accrual basis financial statements for owners. Since books are kept on the cash basis this will require an accrual to cash basis adjustment in order to prepare.
- Complete analysis of financial results and highlighting results to owners
- Oversee cash management for Evergreen Construction Company
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Serve as a point of contact for external independent accounting firm; Prepare workpaper packages for externally reviewed financial statements.
- Prepare Construction draw packages, including obtaining lien waivers, as directed by Evergreen Construction President, Superintendents and Project Managers.
- Prepare and code invoices to be paid internally.
- Special Projects, as needed by Senior Controller, CFO and Evergreen Construction President.
Any other responsibilities as assigned by CFO, Senior Controller and Evergreen Construction President.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- PC proficiency (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is required. Working knowledge of Sage Software is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency; results-orientation and an ability to work under deadlines.
- Understanding of AIA accounting documents such as G702 & G703.
- Understanding of Certified payroll and requirements
- Understanding of contract change orders and owner change orders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
· CPA desirable
· 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry, or a combination of experience in the construction industry and construction experience within public accounting.
Job Type: Full-time