Position for GIS Intern
Skeo Solutions, Inc. (Skeo) is an employee-focused consulting firm providing innovative, collaborative and multidisciplinary solutions to complex and pressing issues in environmental stewardship, social equity and economic opportunity.
Skeo is seeking a motivated, energetic and earnest person(s) with an undergraduate degree or pursing an undergraduate degree to join their team for a six-month internship. Skeo anticipates hiring either one full-time intern (approximately 40 hours a week) or two part-time interns (20 hours per week). Selected interns will be paid hourly at $20/hour and will not be eligible for benefits.
Candidates should demonstrate they are detail-oriented, highly responsive and capable of supporting several projects at one time. Ideal candidates for this internship will have taken GIS-related courses or performed significant GIS-related tasks using ARCGIS Desktop, in addition to having or pursuing knowledge in environmental sciences, land-use planning or other relevant fields and exhibiting strong writing and research skills. Applicants should be proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite software are a plus. Applicants should be able to multi-task, work effectively on a team, maintain a positive attitude and have excellent communication skills. Applicants must be willing and able to work in Skeo's Charlottesville office.
- GIS experience in the form of classwork and/or GIS-related projects, specifically ARCGIS Desktop.
- Pursuing or having obtained a bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, land-use planning, technical writing or related field, (with no more than two years of relevant experience).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Charlottesville, Virginia area resident or close enough proximity to be able to work in the office.
- Ability to start, full time or part-time, within two weeks after hiring.
- Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working on and updating websites.
- Familiarity with data management.
Please submit required application materials by September 30, 2019. Interviews are expected to begin October 8, 2019, with a hiring decision made by October 15, 2019. In addition to taking part in interviews, candidates may be asked to demonstrate their abilities to perform the required work by completing skill exercises. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, citizenship, national origin, or any other status protected by applicable law.