Position: * Per Diem Real Estate Attorney *
Holler Law Firm, LLC is a family-oriented multi-state real estate closing practice. We provide a boutique solution to the mortgage lending industry by leveraging cutting-edge technology, innovative business services, and a compliance focused model. With over two decades of experience, company founder, George Holler, is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of the United States and thirteen state bars, including South Carolina.
Holler Law Firm is looking for a South Carolina lawyer to join our team as a per diem real estate attorney. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-4 years of experience of practice closing residential real estate transactions. The position is open to candidates who are detail oriented, organized and possess superior interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for explaining closing real estate documents to borrowers, answering their questions and generally overseeing their transactions. Many of our closings take place at borrowers’ homes after normal business hours so night and weekend work will be available but not required. While many of our closing attorneys do this work full time, others work with us on a part-time basis handling closings when and where convenient to them.
This is a great opportunity for solo practitioners to earn extra income and meet local homeowners who may become future clients. Those working in corporate legal departments appreciate the chance to earn extra money after work, and junior associates love the freedom this role provides to do more hands-on client work.
- Reviewing closing documents for accuracy and legal sufficiency;
- Interacting with clients as counsellor and advisor;
- Printing, scanning and shipping documents as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Expertise Required
- To be considered for this position you must be currently licensed to practice law in the State of South Carolina and hold the office of notary public in the state.
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients tactfully in high-pressure customer service situations.
Job Type: Contract