- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 10+ years experience managing senior software engineers
- 5+ years of experience engineering distributed systems
- Experience driving prioritization, development, and delivery
- Demonstrated experience in writing and defending business plans/justifications
- Successful experience in establishing and evolving engineering development processes across multiple teams
**Amazon and its subsidiaries ("Amazon") are equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status.**
Do you want to help shape the future of running compute servers on the Amazon Web Services cloud?
We are looking for an engineering leader for EC2 Nitro in Seattle, WA to innovate and solve the hardest problems in scale, security, availability, and performance. An ideal candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity and should enjoy building and operating one of the largest systems in the world with a relentless focus on operational and engineering excellence. This leader’s responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: Operational excellence, designing and building the software, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations. A successful candidate must have strong technical depth and ability to grow team, code, and customer outcomes at a rapid pace. Self-ability to directly work and manage junior and senior engineers along with a strong focus on operational and engineering excellence is a must.
What you'll own:
- Defining the road map for software features and driving execution in engineering and product development, all while coordinating with sales, business development, and other internal stakeholders
- Monitoring customer feedback to identify further opportunities to innovate and simplify our networking offerings
- Establishing and exceeding a high bar for operational performance, prioritizing availability and security at all times.
We’re looking for an ambitious self-starter with a passion for cloud computing and who can serve as a strong advocate for our customers. You have proven analytical capabilities, persuasive writing skills, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment while at the same time, appreciate the resiliency needed in distributed systems supporting critical enterprise customers.
Come join the fun with AWS - your cloud awaits!
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
- Deep knowledge of IP networking
- Revel in operating large scale systems
1. Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role 2. Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role