Highly visible position reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting with responsibility for delivering key work product as part of the external financial reporting process for the consolidated parent, consolidated external reporting entities and subsidiary operating companies.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in the timely and accurate delivery of quarterly and annual accounting reports and financial statements for the consolidated parent company, other external reporting entities and subsidiary operating companies under US GAAP for reporting to the Board of Directors, shareholders, and debt holders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review the company’s 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC.
- Draft financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, etc.)
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain supporting information for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Input data into the company’s financial reporting application.
- Compile financial statements for joint venture entities.
- Perform monthly variance analysis and reconciliation of financial statement data.
- Draft and provide support for quarterly press releases.
- Coordinate and review XBRL tagging.
- Review other internal and external documents and presentations for accuracy and consistency.
Research current accounting and reporting issues, trends, and policies to be applied to company operations and transactions. Stay current with all accounting and reporting requirements which impact external reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
Quarterly Review/Annual Audit:
- Develop recommendations based on changes in reporting and/or accounting requirements.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC and Sarbanes-Oxley.
Coordinate with internal and external auditors on annual audits and quarterly review processes, including both financial and controls testing. Assist in facilitating documentation requests.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform SOX control procedures and walkthroughs.
- Continuously evaluate accounting processes and reporting, looking for increased efficiencies and better information for management decision making.
- Assist with any special projects that may arise.
- Minimum of 5 years public company financial reporting experience, with a minimum of 3 years Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting/auditing theory, technical research, and financial analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls, general accounting (G/L, A/R, A/P, etc.), and operational accounting (revenue, volumes, etc.).
- Strong writing skills and grammar.
- Sound judgment and reasoning with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and assimilate data and present proposals in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Adapts effectively to new and changing environments.
- Possess the ability to understand and analyze flow of data between various financial systems.
- Systems aptitude and process orientation; strong computer skills essential, including extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word).
- Ability to work required overtime during critical periods, such as quarter/year end reporting or special projects.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Energy sector experience.
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.