CCIE Routing & Switching Network Engr-Architect with core IT routing and switching expertise for virtual / remote role providing pre & post-sales technical deployment activities for government and commercial clients.
What part will you play?
The Sr. Network Engineer will need to demonstrate a high level of competency in the planning, implementation, and migration experience for deploying IT network solutions. Candidates should also be highly motivated, eager to learn new technologies, be able to react to rapidly changing conditions while maintaining their professionalism, possess strong communication skills – both written and verbal – in order to build strong and trusting customer relationships. CCIE Routing and Switching certification is required.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer include the following:
Physical Working Environment:
- Ability to understand IP Network Convergence and architect/articulate secure networks to facilitate successful transport of multiple types of applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of emerging trends in the Networking industry as a whole.
- Ability to design and deploy end-to-end enterprise networks.
- Build, Configure, and / or upgrade new and existing system components in accordance with customer approved functional design requirements.
- Test and validate system functionality.
- Fully document technical solutions to include; Logical and Detailed Network Diagrams, Engineering Task List, Test Plans, and As-Built at time of deployment.
- Provide input to development of new products with a focus on Professional Services.
- Perform project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to document as-built based on deployment.
- Work with the overall engineering team to successfully implement voice, video, and data network solutions.
- Provide data center network engineering consulting services, including: assessment, design and implementation of network, storage, compute, and core networking environments.
- Assist clients through planning, design and implementation of data and voice communications networks.
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance.
- Engage with customers to understand business and technical requirements.
- Create customer facing presentations.
- Generate bill of materials.
- Write statements of work.
- Varying indoor working conditions, including office and customer work sites often in a very dynamic and fluid environment.
- Scheduled travel up to 50% or more.
- Must be able to move equipment and peripherals.
- Flexible work hours with reasonable managers.
- Work from home opportunity with flexibility to travel to client facing opportunities, sometimes with short notice.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and minimum of 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing Enterprise level networks
- Strong familiarity with Unified Communications, knowledgeable in Data Center, Security, strong preference given to candidates with experience in videoconferencing technology.
- CCIE Routing and Switching required.
- Clearance or ability to be cleared given preference.
- Demonstrated successful track record for engineering project life cycle management from architecture and design to cut over through the first week of system usage.
- 5 years+ experience of Cisco Enterprise Routing and Switching network design, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting experience desired.
IT Network Experience
- Advanced Routing and Switching
- Palo Alto
- F5 Load Balancer
- Practical use of Scripting languages
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
- 2017 Mega-Integrator
- #2279 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.