Real Estate Services Agent 1 - (156609)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Real Estate Services Agent 1, we’ll count on you to:
- Provide pre-negotiation project, parcel and property owner due diligence and non-complex negotiations for acquisition of rights relative to public or private projects as assigned.
- Review appraisals and just compensation; review right-of-way plans or plats to learn extent of needed acquisition; prepare offer packages; and maintain complete and detailed records/files with owner contacts, maps, drawings, exhibits and detailed progress reports.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 1+ year of experience in real estate or 120 hours of documented real estate training.
- Ability to understand and work in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations specific to the real estate and right-of-way industry, such as the Uniform Act, FERC and NEPA.
- Proficient with standard technology tools such as Microsoft Office and Project.
- Strong communication skills, basic understanding of negotiation and presentation skills, and ability to work flexible hours and effectively with people of all types.
- Ability to work confidently with clients, property owners and occupants.
- Effectively balance office and field work in a collaborative and deadline-sensitive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Availability to work flexible hours and coordinate closely with management.
- Real estate license in good standing, or equivalent, as required by law.
- Experience with Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) or local County DOT Right-of-Way projects not a requirement but beneficial.
- Currently on IDOT’s Approved Negotiator or Relocation Agent is not a requirement but beneficial.
- Database and GIS familiarity
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Real Estate Services
Real Estate and Right of Way
Dec 4, 2019