Purple Cherry Architects is a multi-award winning high-end residential architectural firm primarily serving the Eastern US and is now hiring a mid to senior architectural designer for our Charlottesville, VA location.
We are established, successful and growing and need a talented individual to grow with us. We are looking to appoint a seasoned architect to work in our vibrant and team oriented studio environment working on a wide range of custom luxury residential projects. We pride ourselves by offering employees valuable experience and providing support leading to gaining qualification. We are extremely interested in hearing from energetic, enthusiastic and driven individuals who are looking to further enhance their career, have 5-10 years or greater of high-end residential experience in an architecture firm and are proficient with 3D Revit software or other architectural software.
Interested? If you check out our portfolio (purplecherry.com) and believe you can be a valuable part of our team....let's talk! Please send in an up-to-date CV, cover letter and examples of your work. Note: We also have opportunities in our Annapolis MD as well.
What You Will Be Doing: To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Participate in all phases of design (Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Construction Administration);
- Preparation of design/construction documents and other deliverables;
- Collaborate with a team of Architects and Designers in developing design solutions;
- Generate designs that can be technically implemented, within the constraints of the project goals, budgets and within local ordinances and codes;
- Oversee and manage project schedules and budgets;
- Lead or participate in presentations that communicate the design concepts;
- Monitor all phases of project design to minimize rework;
- Develop plans that achieve beautiful design as well as function;
- Act as an expert to ensure a quality design and documentation process;
- Take project lead responsibility over a group of architects and designers;
- Demonstrate a high degree of competence, capability, and architectural experience. Type A personality ideal.
- Interface with clients at a professional level;
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods;
- Perform assignments that may require the development of new or improved architectural techniques and procedures;
- Apply skills to minimize risks and seek means to improve efficiencies and reduce costs;
- Review and approve all work performed under his/her supervision;
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all codes, zoning and standards;
- Supervise the preparation of and check the accuracy of construction documents;
- Providing leadership and motivation to a team that is performing a sequence of tasks in order to meet milestones;
- Work to meet or exceed QA standards;
- All other duties assigned by the Principal.
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- Licensed architect
- 5-10 years or greater experience
What We Offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- IRA Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan for Licensing
- Paid Professional Development Plan
- Free Parking
Purple Cherry Architects is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time