Premier Group Services, Inc. is a CPA Management and Consulting firm that assists small to large companies with managing needs, to include accounting, auditing, and taxation, in addition to a multitude of other financial services. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service while retaining a highly responsive client relationship.
As the Auditor Intern for Premier Group, it will be your duty to assist our current staff auditors in almost every aspect as it pertains to financial audits. This is a short-term assignment of 1 to 3 months in duration. Compensation: TBD. During your time as the Auditor Intern for Premier Group, some of your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare clear, concise work papers that have definitive conclusions and follow documentation standards.
- Prepare meaningful and well-written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence and the audit file.
- Apply accounting principles and auditing procedures to client engagements.
- Work on low- to medium-risk areas of audit and/or accounting engagements.
- Effectively communicate with client personnel and colleagues.
- Provide staff support in a fast-paced work environment with travel to multiple client sites.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to research federal regulations and accounting guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Maintain client and firm confidentiality and have the ability to follow regulations and professional ethics of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and MD Society of Certified Public Accountants;
- Be familiar with the pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the AICPA, such as the Statements on Auditing Standards;
- Demonstrate the ability to thoughtfully evaluate audit evidence, formulate an appropriate decision, and document that process in audit work papers;
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems.
- A rising senior achieving a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Requires excellent computer and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to handle confidential information and work well with all levels of internal management and staff
When responding please make sure you answer the following questions:
- Are you available full-time?
- When would you be available to start?
Applications without responses to these questions will not be considered. Premier Group Services is an equal opportunity employer.
About Premier Group Premier Group Services, Inc. is a certified 8(a), veteran-owned, woman-owned CPA Management and Consulting firm in Lanham, Maryland. For more information on Premier Group, visit http://www.pgservicesinc.com.
Job Type: Part-Time
- Associates or
- 3 years towards achieving a Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour