General Manager, Brand Strategy & Insights
This position will assist with marketing research and brand planning initiatives, including category mapping, creative testing, consumer segmentation and activation, branding evolution, portfolio strategy, and new product concept testing . This position will be tasked with optimizing profits while meeting marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives.
This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job position. This job position may be changed or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS ONLY
- Collaborate with General Manager to develop and implement companywide insights roadmap.
- Assist in execution of marketing research projects and integration of insights into each of the strategic business unit plans- grocery retail, B2B, and e-commerce.
- Utilize consumer insights and competitive intelligence to develop research and learning agenda to inform innovation team.
- Work with agency-of-record to test creative, inform media strategies with consumer insights, measure and report campaign results.
- Understand trends, demographic information, competitive and market research data and consumer insights to drive brand strategy.
- Partner with sales organization to understand market and customer needs and identify new product and service offerings that deliver on those unmet needs. Provide sell-in support to sales organization, as needed.
- Seek opportunities to bring strategic, insights-based solutions to meet changing business needs.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing or related major and 1-2 years of experience in consumer packaged goods marketing or brand management OR Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Marketing or related major and 3-5 years of applicable experience.
- Beverage and Multi-channel (grocery, food service, E-Commerce) experience is a plus. Experience in Brand Management or similar role preferred
- Strong project management experience, with ability to lead multiple cross-functional projects.
- Experience managing custom consumer research initiatives to support brand strategy and innovation, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Microsoft Outlook, Word Processing).
- Valid Driver’s License.
Travel up to 25% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the duties of this position will be perform inside an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Employees should demonstrate behaviors that support established company values.
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care.
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right.
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions.
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community.
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee.
United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge